Buffalo Chickpea Wrap



A couple weeks ago, I was out of town for my brother’s graduation.  When I got back into town I was sick to death of eating out, but the refrigerator was nearly bare.

After a bit of rooting around, I found the ingredients for a delicious detoxifying type of wrap (so much better than fast food!)  A wedge of avocado would have been a fantastic addition to this wrap but was not to be found in my empty refrigerator!


Buffalo Chickpea Wrap
An Amy’s Cooking Adventures Original Recipe

Buffalo Roasted Chickpeas
1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
1 ½ tbsp hot sauce (such as Frank’s)


Buffalo Chickpea Wrap
1 cup spinach, roughly shredded
1 large multigrain wrap
2 tbsp blue cheese dressing
½ cup roasted chickpeas
Dash of hot sauce (such as Frank’s), optional



To roast the chickpeas:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Stir together the chickpeas and the hot sauce.  Pour the chickpeas in a single layer onto a rimmed baking sheet.  Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring once half way through.

To make the wrap:
Layer the spinach, ½ cup roasted chickpeas, dressing, and dash of hot sauce onto the wrap and roll up burrito style.




Comments

  1. I love this! I recently became a huge buffalo chicken fan, but always prefer a vegetarian option. This wrap is perfect - thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment! I would love to hear from you!