Take 5 Brownies




It’s been awhile since I shared a fabulous brownie.  And what better way then to make a salty sweet Take 5-esque brownie?

If you’ve never enjoyed a Take 5 bar, it’s basically a candy bar full of caramel, peanut butter, and pretzels, coated in chocolate.  It’s amazing (I’ve even made a Take 5 cookie!)

These brownies resemble a Take 5 with a chocolate brownie filled with caramel bits, then topped with pretzels and peanut butter cups.  So basically: perfect!

Recipe Notes:
*Baking the brownie mix for 5 minutes before adding the toppings allows the brownie to set up just enough that the toppings sink in slightly but not all the way to the bottom.




Take 5 Brownies

1 family sized box of brownie mix
          Eggs, oil, and water as indicated on the packaging
½ cup caramel bits
1 cup pretzels, broken
1 cup Reese Miniature Peanut Butter cups, chopped


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray a 9x13 inch pan with non stock spray.

Mix the brownie batter according to package directions and pour into the prepared pan.

Bake the batter for 5 minutes.  Then sprinkle the caramel bits, followed by the pretzel pieces on top of the batter.  Continue baking for another 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean.

Turn the oven off.  Sprinkle the peanut butter cups on top of the brownies.  Return them to the warm oven for 5 minutes or until the chocolate begins to melt.  Remove from the oven and cool.


Comments

  1. These look and sound heavenly! Great recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never ran out of Reese's peanut butter cups. Can you tell? Yes! It is one of my favorites. This recipe is something I really gotta try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you, Take 5 is my favorite- I wanna marry this brownie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take 5 brownies, indeed ;) These look amazing! Though I don't think I've had a Take 5 bar, not a candy bar we have in Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this in your Favorites of 2012 and had to come pin this recipe! Thanks for linking up at the Best of 2012 Party!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment! I would love to hear from you!