Banana Sticky Buns


Confession time: All those pancakes and breakfasty recipes I post?  Never eat them for breakfast, they are always for dinner. 

I’m not the biggest fan of breakfast, so just I rotate between a few staples.  My husband and little guy always have cereal for breakfast.  Always.  Even if there are other breakfast foods available, they will eat cereal first and then have something else.  It’s weird.

With my two cereal eaters, it just doesn’t make sense to make big elaborate breakfasts.  So when I decided to throw a morning baby shower, I finally had the opportunity to make a couple fun breakfast foods I had recently bookmarked!

First up were these super easy (and super yummy) banana sticky buns!  They were homey, warm, and the perfect addition to a brunch shower.  The best part is that they come together is less than 15 minutes (perfect since the power went out for 45 minutes shortly before the shower was to begin).  I might even make these for breakfast on a regular day!


Banana Sticky Buns
Recipe from Framed Cooks

2 tbsp butter
1 banana, sliced thin
3 tbsp brown sugar
¼ cup chopped walnuts
1 tube of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10 count)


Preheat oven to 375 degrees F

Put a little butter into each section of a muffin tin.  Next, place 3-4 slices of banana in each section.

Follow with a sprinkle of brown sugar and nuts.  Top it all off by pressing a biscuit down lightly in each section.

Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.  Immediately, run a knife around each biscuit and flip onto a plate.  Scoop any leftover toppings back onto the sticky buns and serve.

Enjoy!
Amy