Rice with Ginger & Carrots


Since I decided to make a new stir fry yesterday, I decided it was also time to experiment with a new rice recipe as well.  I now have a grater, so I was able to tackle that fresh ginger again (thanks, Chris!)  I was very pleased with the results.  It was spicy, but not hot or salty; a delicious complement to any stir fry.  Plus, my oldest son ate some too, and he sure can be picky!


Rice with Ginger & Carrots
An Amy Original

1 ¼ cups rice (uncooked)
2 ½ cups water
1 tsp dry chicken stock
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup onion, diced
1 cup shredded carrots (about 2 carrots)


Combine rice, water, and chicken stock in a pot.  Bring to a boil.  Cover and reduce heat to low.  Cook for 18 minutes.  Set aside.

Heat olive oil in a skillet, add the ginger, garlic, and onion.  Sauté for about 1 minute.  Add the cooked rice and fry lightly, about 5 minutes.  Stir in carrots, cook an additional 2-3 minutes until carrots are tender-crisp.  Serve with stir fry.

Enjoy!
Amy

Comments