Peanut Butter Banana Pancakes


Late last night I got to thinking about peanut butter and chocolate.  Then I started thinking about peanut butter and bananas.  Then I thought of how great it would be to have a combination of the three…in pancake form.  For the kids, of course!

So this morning, I got right to it.  I didn’t have any fresh bananas, and was unable to get to the store.  But, I had some in the freezer, so I thawed them out and threw them in my batter. 
               
I am not sure if there is a trick to getting peanut butter to whisk, but if yours doesn’t completely incorporate, it’s ok!  There are just little peanut butter nuggets hidden throughout the pancakes, waiting to greet you with peanut buttery goodness! 

These are pretty quick and easy, not to mention, fun and healthy!  However, if you don’t have or don’t want to use the wheat germ and flax (but they’re so good for you!), then substitute all purpose flour for those amounts.


Peanut Butter Banana Pancakes

1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
2 tbsp wheat germ
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
1 tbsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
1 1/3 cups lowfat milk
2 tbsp honey
2 large eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup mashed bananas (2 small or 1 large)
1/3 cup smooth peanut butter


Whisk together the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, wheat germ, flaxseed, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips in a large bowl.

In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, bananas, peanut butter, and vanilla until well blended.  Pour liquid ingredients over dry ingredients and stir until just combined.

Heat a large non stick electric skillet to medium-high heat.  Pour batter onto hot skillet; I used a heaping 2 tbsp measuring spoon.

Cook until bubbles begin to appear on the surface of the pancakes and the bottoms turn golden, about 3 minutes.  Flip and cook until golden, 2 minutes.

Serve immediately plain or with a drizzle of your favorite syrup.

Makes about 24 pancakes

Comments

  1. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment! I would love to hear from you!