Shortcut Tortellini Alfredo

Since I mentioned it on my Rosemary Basil Bread post, I felt I would be remiss in not adding the recipe for Shortcut Tortellini Alfredo. I like this recipe because it is faster and less fattening that real Alfredo (though the real deal is super fantastic and I still love to make it for special occasions).

Shortcut Tortellini Alfredo

9 oz package of cheese tortellini*
2 cups frozen broccoli/cauliflower mix
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 can Healthy Choice Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup milk
1/4 - 1/2 tsp garlic powder (to taste)
1/4 tsp black pepper

Begin cooking tortellini according to package instructions. Add broccoli/cauliflower mix during the last 4 minutes of cook time. Drain

Meanwhile, cook chicken breasts until lightly browned.

At this time, also mix together soup, parmesan, milk, garlic powder, and black pepper. Set aside.

Once the pasta is done and chicken is cooked completely, combine and add the soup mixture. Heat through until cheese is melted. Serve immediately with Rosemary Basil Bread.

Enjoy!

*For a lighter option, substitute linguine or fettuccine noodles for tortellini


Comments